One Person Exhibitions
- Thomas Deans Fine Art Gallery, "New Sculpture" Atlanta, Georgia 2019
- Marietta Cobb Museum of Art, "Lost Parts Found Objects" Marietta GA 2018
- Gallery 72 (Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs), Trash: the Art of Recycle Atlanta, GA 2017
- Venulett Gallery, "China: Tradition and Change", Atlanta, GA 2016
- Sprull Art Center Gallery, Dunwoody GA, Did You See That?! Stories of Urban Oddities 2014
- Swan Coach House Gallery, Atlanta, GA “ On the Grounds” Outdoor Sculpture 2014
- Mason Murer Gallery, “Re-made in America”, 2013
- Mason Murer Gallery, “New Works”, 2013
- The High Museum of Art Atlanta Georgia Presents: “Cross the Threshold into Artist Steve Steinman's Inner Circle” 2012 (Studio Tour/Lecture)
- Mason Murer Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia “Broken Circles”, 2011
- Fine Family Art Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia "Sculpture of Space and Time", 2004
- Sandy Springs Heritage Museum, Sandy Springs GA. 2001
- Robert Matre Gallery, Atlanta Georgia 2000
- The Resource Forum, Atlanta Georgia 1999
- Monroe Artist Guild, Monroe Georgia 1997
- Gallery of Art and Design, American InterContinental University, Atlanta,GA. 1996
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina 1992
- Gallery D-1, Tula Art Center, Atlanta, Georgia 1987
- Georgia Southern University, Statesboro Georgia 1987
- New Horizons Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia 1987
- Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, La Grange Georgia 1987
- 14 Sculptors Gallery, New York, New York 1983, 1978, 1977
- Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 1982
- West Broadway Gallery, New York, N.Y. 1981, 1979, 1976
- Nexus Contemporary Art Center, Atlanta, Georgia 1979, 1977
Group Exhibitions National
- Centro Cultural De Buenos Aires, “What the Wind Has Brought”, Buenos Aries, Argentina 1978
- American Cultural Center, New Delhi, India 1987
- The American Center, Bombay India 1987
Abernathy Arts Center, Sandy Springs GA "Georgia Artists" 2018
Atlanta Hartsfield/Jackson Airport, "Inside the Perimeter" 2018
Mason Fine Art, Atlanta, GA "Spring and Summer Exhibion" 2018
Sculpture in Atherton Park, Marietta GA 2018
Swan Coach House Gallery, Atlanta GA "Small Things" 2017
Atlanta Celebrates Photography "A2D Photography Group”, Emory University 2017
Museum of Contemporary Art GA, Atlanta, Georgia "Gathered" 2015
Shots, Showcase School of Photography, Atlanta, Georgia, 2014
Group Show Abernathy Arts Center Sandy Springs, Georgia 2014
The Sprull Art Center Gallery, Dunwoody, Georgia “Looks Good on Paper” 2014
The Bremen Jewish Heritage Museum, Atlanta, Georgia, “Holiday Show” 2013
HL Horton Gallery, Stockton, CA “2D/3D Works”, 2013
Foundry Art Center, St. Charles MO, “Virtual Reality”, 2013
Showcase School of Photography, Atlanta, GA, “Shots”, 2013
Art Sandy Springs, Sandy Springs, GA. 2013
Mason Murer Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia “Refresh”, 2012
Small Sculpture, Swan Coach House Gallery, Atlanta Ga. 2011
Georgia Artists, Abernathy Arts Center, Sandy Springs, GA. 2011
Art Sandy Springs, Sandy Springs, GA. 2011
High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Georgia, “Tour of Gardens”, 2010
Art Around the World, Sandy Spring Library grounds, Sandy Springs, GA. 2010
Sandler Hudson Gallery “Remembering Judith Alexander”, Atlanta, GA 2004
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Georgia Awarded First Place, 2001, Third Place, 2002
Hunter Museum of American Art, “Artsravaganza”, Chattanooga, Tennessee 1999
Robert Matre Gallery, “Gallery Artists”, Atlanta, Georgia 2000, 1998, 1997
American InterContinental University, “Faculty Exhibition”, Atlanta, Georgia 2002, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993
Sidney Marcus Center, “Artworks 97”, Atlanta, Georgia 1997
Rhode Island School of Design Alumni Exhibition, Fishbone Gallery, Atlanta, Georgia 1997
Cowles Myles Collier Gallery, Wesleyan College, “Southeastern Pastel Society Annual Exhibition”, Macon, Georgia 1995
“Sprawl” (Traveling Exhibition) District of Columbia Art Center, Washington D.C. / City Gallery at Chastain Park, Atlanta, GA. and Space Gallery Tallahassee, Florida 1995
Contemporary International Museum of Art, Buford, Georgia 1992
Ann Jacob Gallery, Atlanta, GA. 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988,1987, 1986
New Visions Gallery, “Return From Argentina”, Atlanta, Georgia 1989
San Diego Art Institute, 34th Annual Exhibition Awarded Third Place, San Diego, California 1988
Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 1988
Alligator Gallery, “Frisco 100”, San Francisco, California 1988
Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, “Nexus Artists,” La Grange, Georgia 1987
Elvehjem Museum of Art, Breaking the Bindings”, Madison, Wisconsin 1983
14 Sculptors Gallery, New York, New York 1983, 1979, 1978, 1977
West Broadway Gallery, New York, New York 1981, 1979, 1976
Brooklyn Museum, “Brooklyn 78, Brooklyn, New York 1978
Nexus Gallery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1977
Picasso Flunks: a retention study. ProQuest 2008, ISBN: 9780549270119
Atlanta: The Right Kind of Courage by Jimmy Carter, Tower Publishing, Inc. Memphis, Tennessee 2000 ISBN: 1-881096-73-4. This publication includes images of my art work.
Atlanta: The Making of a World Class City, by David Black, Community Communications, Montgomery, Alabama 1999 ISBN: 1-58192-002-4. This publication includes images of my art work.
Cosmos Magicus, by Roland Wolf Europoli and Hersching, Germany 1994 ISBN: 3
921412 34 X; Illustrated a chapter titled: “Satirical Cosmos” in this international book
on man’s relationship to the Cosmos. The book is published infive languages and
is distributed throughout Europe.
Art on Other Planets, by Steven Steinman, Nexus Press, Atlanta,
1980. I wrote and illustrated this limited edition artist book. The book is a satirical study of art and how it may travel with mankind as he ventures to other planets in the future.
New York Arts Yearbook edited by Judith Tannenbaum Volume 1, pages 99, 266, Noyes Art Books, New York 1976 ISBN: 08 155 50464. A series of short biographies of artists accompanied by an image of the artist’s work created in the New York art scene 1975 - 1976.
Simply Buckhead Magazine, Still Sculpting After All These Years (September 2017)
Atlanta Jewish Times, Metal, Tours and Folk Art Connect Atlanta Couple,
(November 24, 2018).
The Jewish Georgian, Transforming trash into beauty (November December 2017)
Atlanta Jewish Times, Did You See That?! Stories of Urban Oddities,
(September 19, 2014)
WABE Radio, City Café: Steve Steinman’s Exhibit “Did You See That?! At Spruill Gallery (Broadcast 9/11/14)
Arts Atlanta, Steve Steinman’s eye for quirky detail shines in Did You See That?! at Spruill Gallery. Review by Jeff Stafford (September 2014)
Reporter Newspapers, Photographer brings unexpected, quirky fun to Spruill
Costco Connection Magazine, Finding Beautiful Art in Junkyard Scraps (3/14)
Artist Portfolio Magazine Landscapes Edition Editors Choice Steve Steinman (1/14)
Atlanta Magazine Re-made in America(11/13)
Sandy Springs Neighbor Full Circle(4/3/2013)
Perimeter North Magazine Steve Steinman Artist(9/13)
Atlanta Neighbor Newspapers Full Circle (4/3/13)
Sandy Springs Reporter Two sculptors see their work in very different ways (5/3/2013)
Atlanta Jewish Times
- Q & A: Atlanta Artist Steve Steinman (4/4/2013)
- Steinman Exhibits (11/11/2011)
- Whimsical Art (4/1998)
- Steinman Creates Art for New Marta Station (7/26/1998)
Atlanta Journal and Constitution
- MARTA Sculpture (8/26/1996)
- Making Tracks (5/16/1998)
- On the Right Track (5/16/1996)
- Money for MARTA Art (3/8/1990)
- Arts Find a Home (3/1/1980)
- Steinman Sculpture (10/1/79)
- Fine Mix of Photo and Sculpture (12/17/1979)
Atlanta Business Chronicle: MARTA Art (2/26/1990)
- Steinman at 14 Sculptors Gallery (9/1979)
- Steinman Exhibits Recent Work (9/1978)
- Steve Steinman Sculpture(8/1979)
- Sculpture by Steinman (4/1977)
Art Speak New York: Steinman at Westbroadway Gallery (2/26/1981)
Augusta Chronicle: Art Bus Exhibit (11/11/1987)
The Northside Neighbor: Art Leads Commuters through Station (7/3/1996)
Savannah News Press: Diverse Show at Georgia Southern (1/25/1987
Style Magazine: Creative Spaces (8/1996)
Awards and Honors
- Selected to judge the 2014 the Buckhead Spring Arts and Crafts Festival.
- Selected to judge and award prizes to the 2014 Annual Atlanta Public School System’s annual High School Art Exhibition.
- Awarded commission to create sculpture for new emergency wing of Northside Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Awarded commission to create sculpture for the Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA), Buckhead Station, Atlanta, Georgia
- Awarded commission to create “Monument to Slain Police Officers”, Central City Park, Atlanta Georgia.
- Awarded Individual Artist Grant for the Georgia Council for the Arts, Atlanta, Georgia
- Awarded Individual Artist Grant from the Bureau of Cultural Affairs, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Museum of Contemporary Art GA , Atlanta, GA
- Marietta Cobb Museum of Art, Marietta GA
- Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit System, Atlanta, GA.
- Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA.
- Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Atlanta, GA.
- The Joe Massey Collection, Atlanta GA
- The Lucinda Bunnen Collection, Atlanta, GA
- The David and Linda Bain Collection, Atlanta, GA.
- The City of Atlanta
- State Collection of Georgia
- Chattahoochee Valley Art Association Museum, La Grange, GA.
- The Equitable Insurance Company, Atlanta, GA.
- The Federal Reserve Bank, Atlanta, GA.
- Fine Arts Academy, New Delhi India
- National Institute of Design, Ahamabad India
- Hewitt and Associates, Atlanta, GA.
- King and Spaulding, Atlanta, GA.
- Pope and Land, Marietta, GA.
- Poyner and Sprull, Charlotte, N.C.
- The Royce Hotel, Charlotte, N.C.
- Smallwood, Reynolds, Steward and Associates, Atlanta, GA.
- Sterling Trust, Atlanta, GA.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, Atlanta, GA.
- The Trotty Miller Collection, Atlanta, GA
- Tower Place, Atlanta, GA.
- Valdosta Medical Center, Valdosta, GA.
Marietta Cobb Museum of Art: talk on what inspired his work for the exhibition "Lost Parts and Found Narratives (2018)
Gallary 72 (Mayors Office of Cultural Affaires, Citiy of Atlanta): disscusion on the need for recycling, based on the work for his exhibition TRASH: The Art of Recycling.(2017)
Spruill Art Center: talk on what inspired him in the creation of his pictorial urban tales, and his use of contemporary technologies to create photographs for the exhibition Did You See That?! (2014)
National Institute of Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD) Conference on Leadership in Higher Education, Austin TX:
- 2012 delivered: New Ways to Teach Art and Design
- 2011 delivered: Teaching Techniques for Visual Learners
- 2010 delivered: Picasso Flunks: Retention of Art and Design Students
- 2009 delivered: “Distance Education: Creative Techniques for Contemporary Art Education”.
International Digital Media Arts Association (IDMAA) Savannah, GA
- 2008 delivered paper on “Online Learning: for art and Design Students”
PhD. 2007 Capella University, Minneapolis, Minnesota / Education / Specialization in Leadership in Higher Education.
M.F.A. 1975 Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York / Area of Specialization: Sculpture / Awarded a Graduate Fellowship, and Teaching Assistantship.
M.A.T. 1971 Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island / Area of Specialization: Art Education with the emphasis on teaching methodology and curriculum development.
B.F.A. 1970 Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island / Area of Specialization: Sculpture